What is the definition of entitlement?
“An entitlement is a guarantee of access to benefits based on established rights or by legislation (Wikipedia).”
Republicans in the House and Senate are stating that Medicare and Medicaid are entitlement programs and these programs have to end to save the U.S. Economy. Their solution is to privatize the programs and use a voucher system to help pay for private medical insurance.
Can anyone imagine how long will it be before the health and security of seniors, will be controlled “off-shore,” in other countries?
What the Republicans are not telling us is that the insurance industry cannot be financially viable if they take on millions of people from the programs. If so, then the insurance companies would have to raise insurance rates for everyone, including small business. Personally, I am fed up with hearing the GOP’s rhetoric when they use small business's as a shield to protect the rich and super rich from scrutiny.
In fact, only the wealthiest Americans can escape this fiasco perpetrated by the Republicans. The wealthy do not buy or need medical insurance because they are so well endowed.
Republicans should be shameful of their continuing practice of trying to pull to wool over the eyes of the American People. While the GOP is using Medicare and Medicaid as Red Herrings, they are indeed “pulling the plug on grandma,” and driven to avoid the issues with entitlements for the rich.
Entitlements like declaring losses and devaluation of assets to avoid paying taxes. (Few Americans know that corporations and high-level wealthy in corporate America may value their own artworks in their private and corporate collections – remember that the next time you see companies buying art work at fundraising events!).
The "real" entitlements need to end:
- Entitlements like corporate tax loop holes
- Entitlements like corporate welfare
- Entitlements like farm and big oil subsidies
- Entitlements like hiding money from the IRS in the Cayman Islands
- Entitlements like using international banks to channel monies from country to country to elude the treasury department
- Entitlements like the ineptitude by the SEC and the IRS to conduct thorough financial audits of corporate financials
- Entitlements like for the greedy Americans who demand Social Security Benefits even though they are surviving and living a wealthy lifestyle
- Entitlements like declaring losses and devaluation of assets for tax breaks.
Perhaps, many more entitlements are secretly kept out of sight from the American people.
However, this poor guy is not privilege to know about them and that is exactly the way congress wants it to be.
Are you another “poor guy” who does not know all the secrets held by our elected in DC?